My CFS Story- Part 1: The Never Ending Cold

October 08, 2014


I have been really encouraged reading other peoples stories on blogs about their Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. I dislike reading other peoples 'how I cured my cfs/me in 6 month' stories, but instead love the inside story to what has sustained and strengthened people during this time of suffering, pain, questioning and hurt.


So, here's the first part of my story, if you are interested, have a read...

Part 1: The Never Ending Cold


I'm a to-do list kindof girl. I love a list and conquering a list and achieving way too much in a short period of time. I get really restless if I have time on my hands and I so don't know how to stop.
I'm a busy person...
 
In Term 4 2012, my day typically used to look like...
 
Get up and go for a run (3-5km), get ready for the day and do a quick quiet time over breakfast. Into work by 7.30am. 
Prep for the day.
Teach between 8.30 and 3pm. 
Followed by staff and parent meetings.
I was also a co-ordinator at the time and so that entailed more meetings and organising.
Leave work around 5.30pm (yes, it is true, teachers do not work a 9-3pm day!), go to the gym, or to life group, or garagefit or out to dinner. Get home 9.30-10pm.
Repeat again the next day.

This was all well and good. I felt great, was the fittest I had been in along while, was in the process of figuring out future career plans, enjoyed my social life, was independent, loved church and mostly things were pretty good.

However, I felt like I just kept getting a cold. It was never ending. My nose kept on running, my body was a bit worn down and I had developed 3pm itis.

I hit 3pm and the kids had left for the day and before I could fathom cleaning the room or planning or heading to a meeting I needed to put my head down on my desk and just stop for a bit. Only chocolate seemed to buoy me out of this slump. And so with a sugar pick me up (thank you Ruth my coworker), I would pick my head up and keep on moving...

Celebrating my brother's wedding in January 2013.
 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Katie. I relate to your story, and invite you to check out my blog. Cheers, Graham

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

A photo posted by Kate Eastman (@makeitbakeitfakeit) on